There is always a reason to smile, that is why no one should be deprived of doing so. But certain dental conditions may cause damage and tooth loss. When a patient experience this type of condition they tend to lose confidence and chooses to stop smiling. Dentistry provides a wide variety of treatments that help in restoring a damaged or missing teeth, and one of that is Dental Implants. We at Painless Dentistry are dedicated to the restoration and enhancement of the patient’s teeth using Dental Implant procedures.
What is a Dental Implant?
An implant is a dental appliance that is surgically placed in the jawbones to restore a single or multiple missing teeth. It is made of a metal called titanium that is known to be biocompatible and also an artificial prosthetic to act as the crown.
A dental implant is composed of three parts:
It is the bottom part of the implant that acts as the root of a tooth. Made of biocompatible materials such as Titanium; it is physically set below the gum line and eventually fuses with the jawbone causing it to be a permanent part of your mouth.
It is used to connects both fixture and prosthesis to complete the implant. Made from a variety of materials such as titanium, surgical stainless steel, and gold. It is where the prosthesis is securely placed around the gum line, essentially holding the dental work.
It is a dental appliance that is placed in the abutment that acts as a tooth. Made of porcelain fused to a metal alloy it is suitable for restoring the natural look of the teeth making it hard to be distinguished as a “fake teeth.”
Benefits of a Dental Implant
- Implants stay in place giving you the same impression as a natural teeth
- It can be cleaned the same way as cleaning your natural teeth; there is no need for taking them out or soaking them in a solution
- They don’t depend on the adjacent teeth for support which ensures the other healthy teeth are left untouched
- Dental Implants are meant to last long
- It helps in retaining the natural structure of the mouth and face
- It does not affect your speech pattern once placed
- It does not get in the way of eating and tasting food
- Dental implants look and feel natural
- Implants not only restore the appearance but also the function of a natural teeth
Before deciding on a dental procedure that you want to undergo, it is essential to consult a dentist for them to conduct initial examinations to evaluate the whole structure of your mouth. Healthy gums and enough bone support makes you ideal for a dental implant procedure. If you do not have the adequate support needed for dental implants, it is advised to undergo other dental procedures to ensure the success of your dental implant.
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us at (517) 667-7335 to know more about Dental Implants in Charlotte, MI, or to schedule your appointment with Painless Dentistry.